CHRIS PLAYED BY CHARLES BERMAN
1. What is osculation?
2. What does a mountebank do?
3. Name someone who has worn a toothbrush moustache?
4. Parse the line “Our poesy is as a gown which uses when 'tis nourished” from Timon of Athens.
5. Convince us the movie is better than the book.
6. What is both sporting equipment and a mammal?
7. What is both a particle and a wave?
8. What is the Razzie award given for?
9. What is Heisenberg’s Uncertainty Principle?
10. What is the difference between a sexton and a sextant?
11. What is “memo” short?
12. What was Coca Cola Blak?
13. Name someone in the Baseball Hall of Fame.
14. Please describe the plot of the play Titus Andronicus.
15. What quality makes Earl Gray different from normal tea?
16. Since the play Waiting for Godot came out it has been revived many times even though critics often describe it as “absurd.” Why?
17. What is both a kind of psychic and a kind of beverage?
18. What pop group featured a lead singer dressed as Genghis Khan?
19. What was Microsoft’s operating system before Windows?
20. What is a symphony?
21. Name something only one of us has read/heard/seen.
22. Heads or tails?
23. Gennady Nikolaevich Rozhdestvensky is a famous Russian conductor. What is his name?
1) “Now there’s something you don’t see in a toilet every day”... Homer Simpson. What was that “something”?
2) A pound of feathers weighs more than a pound of gold, True or False
3) What is the highest number element that isn’t normally radioactive?
4) Where can you find Left Hand threading in almost every house?
5) What do you call a girl with dyed hair but no tramp stamp?
6) Besides it’s economic value, what is special about the $100 bill?
7) Why is the Jalapeno pepper unique among hot peppers?
1.) The word “startling” can be made to yield eight further words by removing one letter at a time and leaving the remaining letters in order. For example, for the word “potato”: “otato”, “otat”, etc. Of course, the words resulting from “startling” will be real words.
2.) Name a verb used both in football terminology and in theatrical rehearsal.
3.) From what kind of sudden attack did I suffer just after dinner time this previous evening?
4.) What was the original surname of the British royal family before they changed it to “Windsor”?
5.) If the same person invented (or rather popularized) both free verse in poetry and free jazz in music, what would be their name?
6.) Which is the only English monarch to still be principally known by their nickname, and what is their proper name?
7.) What plant has been used as both a condiment and a weapon in a major conflict?
8.) Name a play or other theatrical production that at least two members of the panel have been in (these panel members need not be present on tonight’s show)
9.) Where did the mathematician Fermat write the theorem that has come to be known as “Fermat’s Last Theorem”?
10.) Find out the following people’s names by these clues:
a film director: surname is a method of execution. Author: surname – brandishing a weapon. Author: first name – a state. Singer/songwriter: surname – a dictator. Composer: first name – a group of predators.
1. Why were Furbies banned from NSA premises in MA?
2. The word “bride” comes from the Old English name for what?
3. Which actor/comedian auditioned for the roles of Hans Solo, Buzz Lightyear, and Forrest Gump?
4. Horatio Nelson suffered from what illness during his entire naval career?
5. What was the first commercial album to be released on CD?
6. The octpus’ third arm is doubles at what other body part?
8. How many teeth do mosquitoes have?
9. Zablon Simintov is belived to be the only Jew residing where?
10. Grammy-nominated artist Brain McKnight wrote an anthem for which website?
1. Why is a raven like a writing desk?
2. Diana Ross and Lionel Richie sang a duet for the movie starring Brooke shields, what was the song?
3. Janis Joplin, Jimmy Hendrix, Jim Morrison, and Brian Jones died at what age?
4. What artist recorded blue suede shoes in 1955?
5. In 1986 who reached #1 with the song kiss?
6. How many Grammys did Santana win for the album supernatural?
7. Who was the lead Singer for the velvet underground?
8. Whose the empress of soul?
9. What famous soul Singer appeared in the movie blues brothers and blues brothers 2000 as an actress and obviously a Singer?
10. What’s the difference c sharp and d flat?